Soft tissue and body work
These hands-on treatment methods are much more than what you might think of as sports massage. These techniques also work on nerve and connective tissue and so we can help to desensitise painful or achy areas and stretch restricted tissue.
Techniques I often use include:
- Soft tissue release (or 'STR')
- Myofascial release (or 'MFR')
- Neuromuscular Technique (or 'NMT')
- 'Muscle Energy Techniques' (or 'MET') such as PIR stretching
- Passive anchored stretch methods
- Sports massage techniques
- Joint and joint capsule mobilisations
This kind of work is excellent for supporting you in your sport, work or general health. People often describe this as getting to the spots they can't get to themselves with stretching or standard massage.