Paul uses a wide variety of treatment techniques and typically uses a combination within physio sessions to treat different aspects of a problem. Here are some specific treatment methods used.
- Specific exercises for strength, flexibility, stability and movement control
- Western acupuncture (also called dry needling)
- Soft tissue release
- Myofascial release
- Muscle energy techniques
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Electrotherapies such as IFT
- Advice for home 'self treatment'
- Teach what to do - what to avoid
- Manipulation and joint mobilisations
- Nerve mobilisations
- Massage techniques
- Assessment, modification and prescription of athletic and conditioning training plans
- Movement screening
- Nutrition advice
- Detailed discussion on aggravating factors for individual cases. This list is virtually limitless and can cover everything from reactions to tiredness, body type considerations, body temperature, anxiety, sleeping positions, movement habits, footwear, clothing, work and home environments, dehydration, warm-up mistakes, activity imbalances, recovery issues... and the list goes on!
Treatment methods are typically suggested after assessment and can be modified as needed. If you have a preference of treatment method please feel free to discuss it with us.